UNIMAS provides plenty of specialised fields and areas for students or members of the public to increase their level of education. The researches at UNIMAS are recognised internationally and these includes researches in the niche areas of ICT, biotechnology and infectious diseases. Research at UNIMAS also takes into account the wealth of Sarawak's natural resources and the diverse cultural heritage within it.
The post-graduate degree at UNIMAS, Masters or PhD, can be taken either full-time or part-time. The availability of part-time courses allows the working individuals to increase their education level without leaving the workforce.
Master's Programs on offer in UNIMAS are as follows:
- Corporate Master in Business Administration (CMBA) - Faculty of Economics & Business
- Master of Advanced Information Technology (MAIT) - Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Master of Environmental Management (Development Planning)/ Master of Environmental Science (Land Use and Water Resource Management) (SLUSE-M) - Faculty of Social Sciences/Faculty of Resource Science & Technology
- Master of Science (Human Resource Development) (HRD) - Faculty of Cognitive Sciences & Human Development
- Master of Science (Learning Sciences) - Faculty of Cognitive Sciences & Human Development
- Master of Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) - Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Master of Civil Engineering (M.Eng) - Faculty of Engineering