Frequently Asked Questions
UNIMAS is an abbreviation of Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. It was the eighth university to be established in Malaysia.
UNIMAS is located in Kota Samarahan which is connected to Kuching city via a modern highway with a distance of 25 km. Driving from the Kuching city centre to UNIMAS takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
UNIMAS was established on 24 December 1992.
There are eight faculties in UNIMAS namely:
- Faculty of Resource Science and Technology
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Cognitive Sciences and Human Development
- Faculty of Applied and Creative Arts
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Economics and Business
Facilities available in UNIMAS include campus-wide computer network, internet connection for staff and students, an Experimental Theater, Research Centres, Virtual Reality Labs, Social Services Centres (ATM machine, restaurant, cafeteria, cooperative shops) and, sports and recreational facilities (Mini Stadium and Sports Complex).