The minimum requirements for entry into most undergraduate programmes are as follows:-
1. A good pass in the Sijil Tinggi Peperiksaan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of:
- Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in Pengajian Am; AND
- Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in two (2) other subjects,
2. A good pass in Sijil Matrikulasi KPM/Asasi Sains UM with a minimum
- CGPA of 2.00
3. A recognised Diploma in relevant fields
3.1 Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
3.2 At least a credit for Bahasa Melayu in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
- Entry requirements into professional courses such as Medicine and Engineering are generally much higher. In addition there are also specific requirements for entry into certain programmes. Further details can be obtained from the relevant faculties.
- For foreign students, the general requirement is a good pass in A level, Matriculation, Higher School Certificates or other equivalent pre-university examinations. Malaysian Government Policy states that admission into certain degree programmes are restricted to local students only.