Corporate Master in Business Administration (CMBA)
The Corporate Master in Business Administration (CMBA) makes it possible for professionals to earn a Master's Degree while working full time. The programme has so far attracted students from diverse academic backgrounds and working experiences. Taught by a group of dedicated and qualified lecturers, the programme is innovative, application-oriented and multi-disciplinary. The UNIMAS CMBA programme stands out from other MBA programmes because it retains the best features of the traditional MBA but is combined with contemporary features sought by todays business managers.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (AS APPROVED BY SENATE NOS. 02/2014 -13)
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experiencein the relevant field; or
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate
- For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 or its equivalent ( e.g TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test -196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
Duration of the Programme : 18 - 48 months
The CMBA is studied over a minimum of 18 months; this would mean a programme of study over 5 semesters. This programme consists of 8 core modules, 5 elective modules and a final year Corporate Business Project. The core components form the cornerstone of the CMBA, and students must complete the Core component before moving on to the Elective component.
The Elective component allows you to customise the CMBA in line with your personal needs and career path. The Corporate Business Project is the most rewarding part of the entire CMBA, because it offers a learning exercise relevant to your special needs and aspirations, thereby contributing to your future career and professional development.
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
- Economics Theory
- Research Methods & Statistical Analysis
- Accounting for Managers
- Corporate Finance
- Economics Analysis and Policy
- Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Management
Electives (choose 5 only)
- International Finance
- Money, Banking & Financial Market
- The Global Economy
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management
- Law for Managers
- Managing Culture
- Firms, Institutions & Competition
- Operations Management
- Corporate Business Project
Currently, Corporate Master in Business Administration programme is offered by Faculty of Economics and Business, UNIMAS in the main campus at Kota Samarahan, Sibu and Kuala Lumpur.