MENG - Master of Engineering (Civil) Programme by Coursework
The complexity of modern day civil engineering in different specialized field (i.e. water resources, structures, building foundations and soil problems, transportation and traffic problems, the management of construction projects that are environmental-friendly) requires an up-to-date engineering knowledge. Advanced technical know-how, has become a compulsory qualification and essential to all future and practicing engineers.
The Faculty of Engineering, UNIMAS is committed to take the challenge of updating and enhancing the engineering knowledge through a Master of Engineering (Civil) Programme by Coursework.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (AS APPROVED BY SENATE NOS. 02/2014 -13)
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experiencein the relevant field; or
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate
- For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 or its equivalent ( e.g TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test -196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
Programme ScheduleTeaching and learning activities for the programme are conducted on Saturday and Sunday.
Programme StructureThe program requires students to accumulate 40 credit hours during their studies in which preferably 17 credit hours (inclusive of 2 credit hours of thesis) are completed in Semester 1 and Semester 2 respectively and 6 credit hours to complete the thesis in the intersession semester. MEng (Civil) Resource Persons are sourced from among:
- UNIMAS academic staff from the Faculty of Engineering,
- Local experts and academics from other Malaysian academic institutions and other collaborating international institutions,
- Specialists from the relevant public and private sector agencies.
Programme DurationThis Programme could be completed in a minimum period of one (1) year for fulltime candidate to a maximum period of four (4) years.
Potential CandidatesThe programme aims at providing opportunities to various groups of potential candidates, such as:
- Fresh graduates
- Practicing engineers
- Academicians who wish to enhance their academic knowledge by further studies
Specialization ModulesThe Elective modules covers emerging areas that are much sought by the industry. These modules are specially designed to produce skilled and competent knowledge workforce to meet the demands of a global environment. They include :
- Transportation Planning
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Advanced Surface and Groundwater Hydrology
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design
- Research Methodology
- Seminar Series