Doctor In Public Health (Dr. PH)
This is a full time programme that prepares medical doctors for the Doctor of Public Health (Dr PH) degree. During the three years the programme prepares the graduates for the Dr PH degree. Guidance will be provided by experienced, dedicated and qualified lecturers to ensure that the candidates are kept in touch with innovative, up to date developments in public health-related issues and community based developments.
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are as follows:
- Candidate possess MPH degree from UNIMAS or other institutions of higher learning approved by the Senate.
- Pass the entrance examination.
- Registered with the Malaysian Medical Council ( for local students ).
- English proficiency with at least IELTS band 6.0.
The Dr. PH program comprises 78 credit hours of course work and 30 credit hours dedicated to research. This program spans over a period of three years.
The degrees awarded : Dr. PH ( Health Promotion ) - 3 years
- Intake is once a year, normally in September of every year.
- Course type : Dr PH - Coursework, Field Posting and Research.
- Dr PH - Course work ( 78 credit hours ) and research project ( 30 credit hours )