All full paper must be submitted electronically to the USJC2017 Secretariat.
(Online Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=usjc2017 )
Do not mail hard-copies of the abstract.
Full Paper Submission Guideline For Authors
The format of the full paper is as follows:
- Title: Bold, Arial, font size 11, capital letters (except for scientific names) and centred.
- Author(s): Full name of authors, the name of the presenters for both oral and poster underlined (font 10). All Authors' affiliations to be listed in Arial font 10 and italics. If more than one institution, list them numerically in text. Provide email address of corresponding author in Arial font 9. Single spacing between title, authors, affiliation and corresponding author email and double spacing between email and abstract.
- Abstract to be written in British English. Length should not be more than 300 words. The abstract should have a 1.5 inch left border and a 1 inch border for top, right and bottom. The text in abstract should be prepared in single spacing and justified using Arial font 11. The abstract should include introduction, objectives, results and conclusion. No figures, tables and references to be included in abstract. Abstracts will be subject to minimal editing; therefore, it is advised that the text be proof read and camera ready before submission.
- Every page of the manuscript, including references, tables etc., should be numbered on the upper right-hand corner.
- Words that should be in italics, must be typed as such or underlined. Do not underline any other word.
- The full paper should not exceed EIGHT (8) printed pages.
- Manuscript should be divided into the following sections: ABSTRACT, INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS and METHODS, RESULTS/and DISCUSSION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS (if any) and REFERENCES.
- Headings of sections should be capitalized.
- Sub-headings should be typed in lower-case.
- The text should be typed two spaces below the section heading.
- The manuscript in general should be organized in the following order:
- Authors should take note of the limitations set by the size and layout of the journal. Large tables should be avoided.
- Each table should be included in the manuscript.
- All captions to tables should be typed together in lower-case.
- Each table should be provided with a brief and self-explanatory title.
- Vertical lines should not be used to separate columns.
- Figures and photographs are to be labelled as figures (Fig.).
- Captions to all figures should be typed in lower-case together on a separate page.
- Illustrations should be numbered according to their sequence in the text. References should be made in the text to each illustration.
- The complete Latin name (genus, species and authority) must be given in full for every organism when first mentioned in the text.
- Italicise Latin names of genera and species.
- Units,symbols and abbreviations
- Only SI units should be used, e.g. gm (gram), ml (microlitre), kg (kilogram), cm (centimeter), ha (hectare), g (gravity), hr (hour), min (minute), sec (second), ° C (centigrade).
- If a number of references are cited together in the text, they should be arranged chronologically and not alphabetically.
- References to unpublished work and personal communications should be kept to a minimum.
- All papers cited in the text should be given in parentheses, e.g. (Child, 2000; Smith and Cohen, 2008; Joshi et al., 2010) except when the author is mentioned e.g., "and the study of Hillman and Tasca (2013) and Joshi et al. (2014)".
- The list of references should be arranged alphabetically according to authors' names and chronologically for each author.
- In cited references, papers with single authorship should be cited before joint authorship.
- Publications by the same author(s) in the same year should be listed as 2012a, 2012b etc.
- Journal names should be spelled out in full.
Kindly submit your full paper not exceeding 8 (EIGHT) pages not later than 20 July 2017.
All accepted abstract will be published in USJC17 proceedings which will be distributed to all registered delegates.
All full papers will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance. Selected papers will be considered for publication in SCOPUS-indexed journals.