WS50 BACHELOR OF PLANT RESOURCE SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
Programme Plant Resource Science And Management ( Bachelor of Science with Honours (Plant Resource Science and Management) obtained accreditation in 1993. This programme provides a comprehensive knowledge and skill in management needed for sustainable and conservation of plant resources in agriculture, forestry, landscape and biotechnology sectors to ensure sufficient human capital to address the need of the country or else where.These sectors have been identified as an important economic generating revenue towards achieving the Malaysia’s vision of becoming a develop nation. With the current implementation and initiative of the National Economic Key Areas (NKEAs) in which agriculture and plantation sectors are identified as one of the 12 key areas, increase of job opportunity in the broad spectrum in these sectors are inevitable. These opportunities will be of great advantage for students opting to this programme to establish their carrier in the related field of plant science and plantation management.
- Become a skillful, competent and knowledgeable workforce in the field of plant resource science and management. Able to apply and up keep with the development of technology in the related field and aware of the environmental issues
- Acquire critical thinking skill, able to work as team, communicate effectively and able to solve problems smartly and professionally. Possesses good leadership skill, ethics and integrity.
- To develop their interest to explore the opportunity in business to become an entrepreneur.
National and international students are MOST WELCOME to join our programme. Other than the knowledge gain students will have the great experience with the diverse traditional cultures and ethnics during their stay at Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS).
- Plant taxonomy
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Propagation
- Plant Pathology
- Soil science and soil management
- Plantation management
- Environmental Law
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Tropical Plant Ecology
- Nature-based Recreation and Ecotourism
- Environmental Impact Assessment