WA14 - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) Anthropology and Sociology
We offer a thorough theoretical foundation for enhancing students’ analytical skills when society and its issues. The programme is at the forefront in the development of Borneo studies incorporated through teaching and research by examining the contribution of the disciplines to our knowledge on Bornean societies and transformation.
Our instructors applied teaching and learning skills emphasized on empirical research and community-based learning. Experiential learning strategies include:
After graduating from this program, the students are able to:
- Describe, define and differentiate the principles and concepts of Anthropology and Sociology.
- Prepare, interpret and analyze Anthropological and Sociological data during fieldwork.
- Communicate efficiently with stakeholders.
- Apply knowledge and skills in problem solving and decision making in any fields engaged in.
- Act professionally in the field they are engaged in and be responsible in helping with development in accordance to the social, community and global needs.
- Apply knowledge gained and plan for continuous knowledge enhancement in facing global challenges.
- Portray specific skills and plan for the future especially in matters related to entrepreneurship.
- Show consistency in attitude and aspiration, with high ethical value.
- Display awareness towards the diversity of culture and be responsible socially, in leadership practices and also in daily conversations and at national level.